Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lotus

Tuesday, 23 January 2007

For the first time this flower caught my attention. It was then already fully bloomed. That was noon only 4 days ago - Saturday, 20 January.

I was told that Lotus only lasted for a day and the petals would close toward night fall and drop the next day.

There were 2 more flower buds yet to bloom. I am glad they had bloomed while I as there. I wanted to picture them blooming before I fly back to Miri that afternoon.

The bud




Wednesday - 24 January 2007 - Lotus blooming








I didn't get to see the full bloom of this particular Lotus because I have to go to the airport but I am glad I took a picture of the full bloom last Saturday.

Saturday, 20 January 2007 - Beautiful Lotus




Saturday, 20 January 2007 - The Seeds


I don't know what is the noun for this. They are what was left over on the stalk after the petals have dropped off.




I was told you could eat the seeds from the 'green' ones. They are available at the Chinese herbal shops. It is believed to have health value. I tried the seeds and they tasted good! What about the seeds from the dried 'brownish-black' ones? I didn't ask whether they are of any use????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers