Sunday, January 28, 2007

Visiting church - January 2007

Sunday, 21 January 2007

It felt so good to be back in church again! I missed church last Sunday (14 January) because I accompanied my friend to Keningau, to send traditional wedding gifts to her son's future parents-in-law.

I got in the sacrament hall in the nick of time - the sacrament meeting was just about to start. Looking across the hall, I saw an Elder and I thought he looked familiar. It took me a while before I realised that he had served in the Miri branch. Throughout the sacrament meeting, I kept wondering what his name was. I know for sure that his surname started with a "R" but I could not remember what the name was.

Before I could get to him, after the sacrament meeting, a young lady came up to me and hug me hard. Sister Gloria (member of the Miri branch) happened to be visiting this Sunday. She is currently studying in Labuan.

The tall Elder Randall, his companion Elder Baker King (I was fooled by his missionary name tag that read "Elder Raja Roti" - I told him that he looked definitely a caucasion but how come his name is in Malay!) and Sister Gloria. Imagine meeting both Elder Randall and Sister Gloria in the Kota Kinabalu church. What a nice surprise! It is indeed a small world! Elder Randall is serving in Singapore currently.


Old friends - Sister Christine and Sister Martina and a new friend - Sister Mathilda.


More old friends - Sister Elizabeth, Sister Kolinting and Sister Maylin


And last but not least, Sister Patrocinia, whom I have not seen for the last 2 years


Some of the Sisters from the Relief Society, Young Women and Primary

No comments: