Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Branch Family Home Evening

Friday, 7 April 2006
I have been looking forward to this evening since I learnt of it last week - Branch Family Home Evening.

Last Saturday, the Relief Society started the ball rolling with the first social to be held in the new building by celebrating the Relief Society Birthday and now with their families.

I was thinking what I could bring for food, something that most people would enjoy and significant for this occasion. I have been ordering cakes for my dancing friends for the past weeks and why not this. I phoned President Telford and he confirmed that was okay. And so I got a friend to bake one! Delicious fresh creamed chocolate cake with the words "Families can be together forever" on it. The members enjoyed it. The cake was gone before the party was over!

Tonight's Branch Family Home Evening was hosted by the Young Men and it was held in the Relief Society Room, 1st Floor.

Young Women - Sister Chevon and EV Jane - trying their hands on the piano in the Relief Society Room.

Let us play a game - let us go and find the eggs (boiled) that the Elders have hidden around the compound of the church. There were more than 50 eggs hidden. What an appropriate game to play since it was Easter time! And so the 3 groups went, looking in grass, bushes, drains, etc. These were the most eggs that the winner group collected. I found only 1 egg and it was underneath the bench at the entrance. I was taking my sweet time to get out and I was the last one to get out of the entrance and my eyes caught sight of that egg! The last egg was revealed by the Elder - it was in the pocket of the security guard.

Best of all parties - the food! The Relief Society had prepared the food.

And we will leave the cleaning up to the men! The YM President Harun and his 1st counselor, Brother Eddy.

Some of the members that were at this social gathering: Iain, Juneffer, Chuah, Elder Sobrio, Edre, Eddy, Anthony and Elder Capone.

The Chuah's children: Viviana, Stenley, Alfeus and Zi Ching

Sister Rusiah (wife the KK branch president) with 4 month old baby Goldon.

And beloved KK District mission President Telford and beautiful wife, Sister Telford.

No comments: