Monday, April 17, 2006

Relief Society 164th Birthday - 2006

Saturday, 1st April 2006
My handphone beeped - a message alert tone. That was on Tuesday, 28 March 2006. I have a message from the Kota Kinabalu Branch Relief Society President. It said "Hi Relief Society b d diner on 1st April ths Sat at new chapel pls b there at 5 pm and no pants/jeans pls we wud lik to hv ladies nite diner thk you i lov u all"

They had planned to celebrate earlier. This change was just perfect for me.

I was thrilled that I can again join their birthday celebration this year. I had the blessing of joining them last year (2005) as it had concided with my visit to Kota Kinabalu. And now again this year! I will be in Kota Kinabalu on the 31 March and the birthday party is on the 1 April.

Just the perfect timing!! I would definitely join them! I want to see the Sisters!

Sister Rusiah taking in the salad dish.

Sister Alice, Rina, Josie, Irene, Dorkas, Rusiah and Elizabeth

The Kota Kinabalu branch Relief Society

Very sorry - this picture is quite blur. My hands must have shaken while taking this picture of the Relief Society Presidency: Sister Annie (President), Sister Rusiah (1st Counselor) and Sister Dorkas (2nd Counselor). Sorry, Sister Telford, the photo that I took of you cutting the cut was too "good" to be posted here - it is very very blur!

Our visitor from Kuala Lumpur, Sister Merritt. With her is Sister Telford (KK District Mission)

Sister Telford giving her talk on Visiting Teaching and the 'Visiting Teaching cans' to take home.

A skit by Sister Mary Anne, Maylin, Annie and Telford.

Sister Christina, Margaret and Marylou.

Sister Margaret, Irene and Christina.

We are happy people! Just visiting each other in the sitting room (ground floor) before going home.

No comments: